Quilting kits are an excellent way to learn, but they appeal to many advanced quilters who want designs and supplies ready-made for them. Each kit comes with fabric, instructions and trim to make it easy for you to start and finish a new quilt. Whether you wish to learn or just want a ready go-to project, quilting kits are your solution. Here are five reasons to learn about the convenience of quilting kits in Albuquerque, NM and why you should be interested in them:
- Try new fabrics: If you want to learn how to handle a new fabric but do not want to risk cutting it out wrong and wasting it, kits are an excellent way to start. A kit allows you to handle the fabric and know how it behaves when sewn. If you are new to quilting, you may not know the best fabric to use for certain types of quilts, and a kit teaches you that. Once the project is finished, you know whether you want to work with that fabric again or stick to your old standbys.
- Learn more about tools: When you are new to quilting, there is often a desire to buy all the tools! In reality, your approach to quilting may not require the tool that is favored by another quilter. Kits include all the tools you need for a project, so you can try them out and assess their utility. If the tool works great for you, then you can start expanding from the kit’s basic tools into their more advanced counterparts. It is a great way to try something out before you spend too much money.
- No cutting required: Cutting is frequently the most challenging skill with quilting. Even if you have stencils, rotary cutters and straight edges, it takes a while to master the technique. When you purchase a kit, you focus less on cutting (and possibly wasting fabric) and more on assembly and methods. It is less intimidating to learn a new skill when you know any mistake you make is entirely reversible. As your skills grow, you can purchase kits that require cutting and benefit from any necessary guidance.
- Try new techniques: If you are a new quilter moving beyond squares and straight edges and into zig-zags, circles and scalloped edges, a kit is the best way to learn. Instructions are clear, and there are fewer opportunities to waste fabric. You can also learn other techniques, like applique, and keep expanding your skillset. Kits are an excellent way to learn and keep advancing with your quilting knowledge. You can even find kits that use quilting techniques for other projects like scarves and gloves.
- Save money: Kits include everything you need to make a final product. You do not have to buy extra supplies or risk purchasing the wrong items. Overall, you save money by only purchasing what you need!
Now that you know the convenience of quilting kits and why you should be interested in using them, visit our store and find one that appeals to you! The Quilt Works, Inc. in Albuquerque, NM offers fabric, supplies, classes and quilting kits for the beginner and advanced quilter alike. Visit us today and see what appeals to you!